For the twelfth year in a row, Jones Day's Labor & Employment Practice was awarded top recognition as one of the nation's leading practices in the 2019 edition of the Legal 500 United States.
Clients were quoted praising the practice as "smart, creative and responsive," and that "Jones Day is appreciated for its 'tremendous experience in all aspects of employment law and related disputes, particularly in high-level and high-stakes matters'."
Global Practice Leaders Michael J. Gray (Chicago) and Matthew W. Lampe (New York) received Leading Lawyer Status for Labor and Employment Disputes (including collective actions): Defense.
Also named Leading Lawyers were Brian W. Easley (Minneapolis/Chicago) in the Labor-Management Relations category and Shay Dvoretzky (Washington) in Dispute Resolution - Appellate. Glen D. Nager (Washington) was named to the Legal 500 Hall of Fame in 2017.
- Jonathan M. Linas (Chicago) and Efrat R. Schulman (Chicago) were named Next Generation Lawyers in Labor and Employment Disputes (including collective actions): Defense
- Joanne R. Bush (Houston) was named a Next Generation Lawyer in the Labor-Management Relations and Workplace and Employment Counseling categories.
- David S. Birnbaum (Chicago) and Patricia A. Dunn (Washington, D.C.) were named Next Generation Lawyers for Labor-Management Relations.
- Yaakov M. Roth (Washington, D.C.) was named a Next Generation lawyer in Dispute Resolution – Appellate.
- Kelsey A. Israel-Trummel (San Francisco) and Samantha C. Woo (Chicago) were recognized as Rising Stars.
Also highly recommended by Legal 500 US 2019 were:
Tonya B. Braun (Columbus)
Wendy Butler (New York)
Terri Chase (New York)
Thomas A. Chiavetta (Washington)
Mark E. Earnest (Irvine)
Lindsay A. Hedrick (Dallas)
Brian M. Jorgensen (Dallas)
Jessica Kastin (New York)
Elizabeth B. McRee (Chicago)
Donald J. Munro (Washington)
E. Michael Rossman (Chicago)
Deborah A. Sudbury (Atlanta)
Elaine R. Walsh (Atlanta)
Stanley Weiner (Dallas)
Kristina A. Yost (New York)
In the 2019 rankings, The Legal 500 US awarded Jones Day's Labor & Employment Practice its highest recommendation in Labor and Employment Disputes (including collective actions): Defense and Labor-Management Relations. In addition, Jones Day was awarded recommended status in ERISA Litigation as well as Workplace and Employment Counseling.
The Legal 500 is a guide, directory, and ranking of law firms and lawyers in the United States and around the world, assessing the strengths of law firms in more than 100 jurisdictions.
Jones Day is a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 43 offices across five continents. The Firm is distinguished by: a singular tradition of client service; the mutual commitment to, and the seamless collaboration of, a true partnership; formidable legal talent across multiple disciplines and jurisdictions; and shared professional values that focus on client needs.