The 2019 edition of Texas Super Lawyers honored 25 Jones Day lawyers and recognized Hilda C. Galvan, Brian M. Jorgensen, and Joseph M. Beauchamp across three of its different "Top" lists.
Ms. Galvan was selected to the Texas Super Lawyers Top 100 Texas Lawyers, Top 50 Female Texas Lawyers, and Top 100 DFW Lawyers. She is the Partner-in-Charge of Jones Day’s Dallas Office and a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property Practice. Ms. Galvan is a nationally recognized trial lawyer who focuses on complex intellectual property litigation, and she has represented plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state courts across the country.
Based in the Firm's Dallas Office, Mr. Jorgensen was named to the Texas Super Lawyers Top 100 Texas Lawyers and Top 100 DFW Lawyers. Part of the Firm's Labor & Employment Practice, he represents employers in a broad range of high-stakes, complex litigation matters with a focus on class actions. Mr. Jorgensen's experience is particularly deep in wage and hour litigation, where he has had repeated success in defeating class and/or collective certification, as well as securing dismissal through motions attacking the legal sufficiency or merits of claims.
Mr. Beauchamp was selected as a Texas Super Lawyers Top 100 Houston Lawyer. He is a partner in the Firm's Houston Office and a member of Jones Day's Intellectual Property Practice. Mr. Beauchamp has decades of experience covering all facets of intellectual property law. He has been lead trial counsel in patent litigation matters in a number of technologies, including mechanical and chemical oil field technologies, software, and various automotive applications.
The 25 Jones Day lawyers named to the 2019 Texas Super Lawyers list and the categories for which they were chosen are:
- Joseph M. Beauchamp, Intellectual Property Litigation
- R. Scott Cohen, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Scott W. Cowan, Business Litigation
- Keith B. Davis, Intellectual Property
- Katherine Ettredge, Banking
- N. Scott Fletcher, Securities Litigation
- Joshua L. Fuchs, Business Litigation
- Hilda C. Galvan, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Gregory M. Gordon, Bankruptcy: Business
- Thomas A. Howley, Bankruptcy: Business
- Brian M. Jorgensen, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Todd P. Kelly, Health Care
- Troy B. Lewis, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Weston C. Loegering, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- David J. Lowery, Real Estate
- Nancy MacKimm, Environmental Litigation
- John E. Mazey, Banking
- J. Bruce McDonald, Antitrust Litigation
- James E. O’Bannon, Securities and Corporate Finance
- Dan B. Prieto, Bankruptcy: Business
- Jeffrey A. Schlegel, Energy and Resources
- Evan P. Singer, Securities Litigation
- Deborah Savarese Sloan, Business Litigation
- Michael Weinberg, Mergers & Acquisitions
- David Woodcock, Securities Litigation
Fewer than 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys receive this honor. The selections are made by the research team at Super Lawyers, which is a service of the Thomson Reuters Legal division.
Jones Day is a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 43 offices across five continents. The Firm is distinguished by: a singular tradition of client service; the mutual commitment to, and the seamless collaboration of, a true partnership; formidable legal talent across multiple disciplines and jurisdictions; and shared professional values that focus on client needs.