Jones Day has been chosen as one of the Top 5 law firms clients recommend to their peers for the 17th consecutive year. The honor is based on unprompted responses from more than 350 in-depth interviews with top legal decision makers by BTI Consulting Group for its annual survey, "Most Recommended Law Firms: The Firms Legal Decision Makers Recommend."
Surveyed clients recommended a total of 94 firms. Jones Day ranks in the top 1% of all law firms for garnering the coveted unprompted recommendation, which BTI considers "the best and most reliable source of law firm intelligence from a peer." BTI also proclaimed, "Superior client service is consistently the leading driver of law firm recommendations by General Counsel," indicating that it "accounts for nearly five times more recommendations than any other single factor."
The survey respondents cite five components of superior service:
- Meeting client-targeted objectives even as they change and evolve
- Adding business context through keen understanding of your client’s business
- Making a client’s life easier by providing key information and insights before they ever ask
- Delivering higher value than expected
- Bringing certainty in fees and deliverables
The report emphasized how clients continue to change their definition of client service, wanting and expecting more each year. BTI’s exclusive research reveals how the definition of client service by a law firm has expanded in the past year:
- Delivers a uniformly high level of service across the team, practices, offices, and the firm
- Has a dedicated team with a clearly accountable leader
- Brings industry insight
- Understands matter-specific risks and exposures
- Asks for client service feedback
- Shares plans for servicing their needs
- Asks about, and delivers on, communication preferences
- Establishes a systematic pattern of updates and case-related discussions
- Provides online dashboards with budget and performance date
- Always delivers higher service levels
The 350 legal decision makers surveyed by BTI span more than 15 industry segments and represent organizations averaging nearly $13 billion in annual revenue. BTI Consulting recently ranked Jones Day #1 in its Client Service A-Team survey for the 2nd consecutive year (where the Firm secured "Best of the Best" status in all 17 activities that clients say drive client service), and among its Fearsome Five for the 6th consecutive year (the five firms clients would least like to see as opposing counsel).
Jones Day is a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 43 offices across five continents. The Firm is distinguished by: a singular tradition of client service; the mutual commitment to, and the seamless collaboration of, a true partnership; formidable legal talent across multiple disciplines and jurisdictions; and shared professional values that focus on client needs.