At this perennial favorite, our experienced faculty will walk you through all of the steps associated with acquiring and selling a privately held company, whether it is a large independent corporation, a division or subsidiary of a large public company, or a smaller venture capital-backed or family-owned entrepreneurial enterprise. You will learn about the special issues that apply when a private equity firm is the buyer or owns the target company, and about the techniques and strategies that are essential to successful negotiations.
Jones Day M&A partner Elizabeth Clough Kitslaar will speak on a panel entitled, "Fiduciary Duties of Directors and Majority Shareholders."
- Analyze the terms of an acquisition agreement
- Develop successful negotiation strategies
- Use letters of intent to maximize strategic advantage
- Structure and negotiate earn-outs and critical risk allocation provisions
- Spot and deal with the key issues that arise in non-corporate law areas
- Cope with the special problems associated with acquisitions of divisions or subsidiaries
- Understand the fiduciary duties of directors and majority shareholders in a sale transaction
- Understand the special issues relating to financial sponsors
- Recognize ethical issues that arise during the negotiation and documentation of transactions
- Avoid common drafting pitfalls when non-U.S. laws govern part or all of a deal
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDIT
Registration for this event is required. To register for this event and groupcast sessions, sign up for the webcast, or determine CLE credit, please visit the Practising Law Institute event site.