Improving the skill of identifying, appreciating and weighing your client’s leverage in negotiating the commercial real estate fundamentals (rents, vacancy rates and development activity) will be the focus of the 2017 Commercial Real Estate Institute. Practitioners with this understanding will find it easier to achieve and maintain a viable real estate practice where their advice adds value. This program helps practicing attorneys enhance those abilities while performing the traditional transactional skills, and while developing workout and enforcement skills, so that they can help their clients take advantage of their leverage and regain any lost footing more quickly.
Jones Day Banking and Finance Partner David Paulson will speak on a panel called "Mortgage Financing."
What You Will Learn:
- Understanding real estate joint ventures
- Maximizing your client’s leverage in negotiating purchases and sales, and closing complex commercial transactions, in the current environment
- Identifying whether your lender is overly cautious and finding the right lending balance
- Identifying how to avoid real estate litigation in a nutshell, and knowing what to do when it is inevitable, from foreclosures to evictions
- Environmental issues affecting real estate deals
- Selected issues in shopping center transactions
- Taking advantage of the upside of greening leases and avoiding the downside and much more practical advice from experienced attorneys in the nation’s leading law firms.
REGISTRATION & CLE CREDITS
Registration for this event is required. To register for this event or webcast or determine CLE credit, visit the Practising Law Institute website.