From left to right: Ben Cassady (Washington), Alex Potapov (Washington), Kamaile Turčan (Washington), Conor Reardon (New York), Parker Rider-Longmaid (Washington)
The global law firm Jones Day has announced that five former U.S. Supreme Court clerks will join its Issues & Appeals Practice as associates. The addition of the new lawyers brings to 36 the number of Supreme Court clerks that have joined Jones Day directly from their clerkships in the last five years.
"These five individuals are among the most talented lawyers in their peer group and we are very excited they have decided to join us as they begin their careers in private practice," said Beth Heifetz, the partner who chairs Jones Day's Issues & Appeals Practice, and a former Supreme Court clerk herself. "Our clients will greatly benefit from their unique insights and the experience and perspectives gained from inside the halls of the Supreme Court. Given the scope and scale of our litigation work, and the substantial depth of Supreme Court advocates and cases throughout the Firm, we offer significant opportunities for these highly talented lawyers. We're proud that Jones Day continues to be the firm of choice for these much sought-after lawyers."
The new arrivals, their office locations, the Justices they clerked for, and their law schools are as follows. All clerked in the 2016-2017 Term.
- Ben Cassady (Washington, D.C. Office) — Clerked for Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr., graduated from Yale Law School
- Alex Potapov (Washington, D.C. Office) — Clerked for Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr., graduated from Yale Law School
- Conor Reardon (New York Office) — Clerked for Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., graduated from Duke University School of Law
- Parker Rider-Longmaid (Washington, D.C. Office) — Clerked for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, graduated from University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Kamaile Turčan (Washington, D.C. Office) — Clerked for Justice Sonia Sotomayor, graduated from University of Hawai'i William S. Richardson School of Law
Jones Day is a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 43 offices across five continents. The Firm is distinguished by: a singular tradition of client service; the mutual commitment to, and the seamless collaboration of, a true partnership; formidable legal talent across multiple disciplines and jurisdictions; and shared professional values that focus on client needs.